Currently hiring interns and paid positions, check below and submit your cover letter and resume to HRAdmin1@ascendtials.org.
Ascendtials is always looking for new partnerships to help us move forward. If you are looking for experience working with a nonprofit organization as an intern or part-time, paid or unpaid experience, in marketing and social media management, program development, organizing social justice, administrative development, operations management, writers, student researchers, designers, digital developers, and bloggers, or any other interest you see as helpful, please send your cover letter and resume to HRAdmin1@ascendtials.org, with the job interest in the subject line, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Ascendtials is a non-profit organization in search of the right person to join our highly passionate, talented, and dedicated team. We offer you the chance to put your experience and energy to work for an agile, forward-thinking organization in pursuit of ending dehumanization and bring about true equality by cultivating problem-solving and heightened awareness of the senses by following the ways of Ancient Africans respect of nature and the laws of nature to preserve and protect humanity. The role comes with responsibility and high demands but offers the significant reward of doing the right thing and working alongside others that share this objective. We, as a team, are focused and determined to end inequality and oppression.
Grant Researcher/Writer Responsibilities:
We are looking to hire a dedicated grant writer to write grant proposals for our organization. The grant writer will write coherent, organized, and compelling proposals. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
To ensure success, you need to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods, and commit to the mission you are representing. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to the organization’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of the development department’s strategy.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with Executive Director and Director of Development to send funders newsletters, and to promote on-site tours.
- Collaborating with Director of Development to compile an annual report.
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
Grant Researcher/Writer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or related field.
- 2+ years of grant writing experience.
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Vice-Chair/Assistant Director responsibilities include:
- General: Acts as the president/chair in his or her absence; assists the president/chair on the above or other specified duties.
- Special Responsibilities: Frequently assigned to a special area of responsibility, such as membership, media, annual dinner, facility, or personnel.
- Some organizations choose to make the vice president, explicitly or implicitly, the president-elect.
- Help develop and implementing plans and goals for the department
- Working with the director to coordinate and supervise daily operations
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and internal policies
We are looking for a competent Assistant Director to support the director in departmental planning and monitoring progress. You will also work to enhance productivity and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
Assistant directors are well-versed in performance and operations management and competent in assuming delegated duties. They are leaders and critical thinkers, ready to solve problems before they become obstacles.
The goal is to help the department attain objectives of productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Help develop and implementing plans and goals for the department
- Work with the director to coordinate and supervise daily operations
- Ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies
- Monitor attainment of objectives
- Undertake staffing responsibilities (hiring, training, evaluating, etc.)
- Help budget and monitoring expenses
- Maintain scheduling of events and represent the company when needed
- Create reports and submit them to the director or other executives
- Fulfill duties as assigned by the director
- Proven experience as assistant director or other similar position
- Experience in performance and operations management
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and quality standards
- Proficient in MS Office, relational databases and software (e.g. ERP)
- Outstanding communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- BSc/BA in business administration or related field; MSc/MA is an asset
Social Media Marketing Manager
The Social Media Marketing Manager will develop and implement outreach and promotional campaigns and programming to boost brand engagement and increase revenue. The duties and responsibilities of Social Media Marketing Manager include:
Social Media Marketing Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote company brands on various social media websites
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos, and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Support marketing team at live and online events
Instructional Designer Job Responsibilities:
- Plans instructional design projects.
- Manages overall projects to ensure a globally consistent training experience that directly impacts employee success.
- Promotes collaboration, partnership, and relationships among the participants and stakeholders in a design project.
- Consults, analyzes, and develops highly engaging and interactive learning solutions focused on leadership development, but not excluding varying colleague initiatives.
- Applies advanced adult learning theories into practical, application-based leadership learning strategy.
- Partners and collaborates with other learning professionals and business partners in delivering a globally consistent learning experience.
- Develops comprehensive measurement strategies for all learning solutions to demonstrate business impact and effectiveness.
- Communicates effectively in visual, oral, and written form and deliver engaging presentations to business leaders.
- Acquires and applies new technology skills to instructional design practice.
- Remains a thought leader in instructional design and innovation.
- Designs learning that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners, including the demonstrated understanding of cultural differences that may apply.
Instructional Designer Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong project management skills
- Leadership skills
- Orienting employees
- Verbal communication
click here to complete the Google Form.